- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 115g castor sugar
- 2 tblsp cornflour
- 400ml full fat milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 sheets ready made puff pastry
- Mix together egg, egg yolks, sugar and cornflour.
- Gradually add milk and vanilla.
- Stir over medium heat until thickens and comes to the boil.
- Remove from the hear and poor in a jar to cool, covering top with cling film to prevent skin from forming.
- Cut rounds from puff pastry and place into patty cake or tart tins.
- Pour cooled custard into pastry bases and bake at 180’c for 20-25 mins.