3/4 cup vegetable oil (rice bran works well)
1 tblsp lemon rind
2 tblsp lemon juice
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 3/4 cups castor sugar
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 170c (fan-forced)
- Hand mix together vegetable oil, eggs, lemon rind, lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Mix in sugar, then add flour.
- Pour into a bunt tin and bak at 170c for 35 minutes
- Cool in tin for a few minutes then invert and ice while still hot
- To make icing, mix together sugar and lemon juice, taking care not to stir too much so not all the sugar melts. Spoon over hot cake.