125g butter at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp bicarb soda
Icing sugar (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 160c (fan-forced).
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add golden syrup and egg and beat until combined.
- Stir in flour, ginger, mixed spice and bicard soda.
- Turn onto a lighly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Press into a disc, wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out until around 5mm thick and cut into shapes with whatever cutter you desire.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- When cool ice with icing sugar and water mixture as desired.